Running out of ideas for grilling? I love salmon and it is very easy to find in the grocery store. So I make it for dinner. A lot. And I am always looking for ways to make salmon more interesting because frankly, it’s not like halibut. Or sea bass. Nothing fancy. Nothing upscale. Just plain old grocery store salmon. However, with the right glaze and the right cushion of truffle cauliflower puree for it to lounge on, you can turn plain old ordinary salmon into a blockbuster of a dinner. So there.
Glazed Salmon with Truffle Cauliflower Puree
For the Cauliflower Purée
- one head of cauliflower cut into florettes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup fat-free half and half or regular
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil
- 1 teaspoon truffle salt
For the Salmon:
- 1 pound salmon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt-and-pepper or your favorite fish seasoning rub
- 3 tablespoons Asian chili sauce
- chopped cilantro
For the Cauliflower Puree:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix everything together in a large bowl and transfer to a parchment-lined baking pan (with sides). Roast for 45 minutes.
- In a Vitamix or blender first put in the half-and-half, truffle oil and truffle salt. Add the roasted cauliflower to and purée until smooth.
For the Salmon:
- Preheat gas grill to medium high or oven to 400°.
- Place salmon on a piece of aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper or seafood rub.
- Place salmon on the grill or in the oven and roast for 12 to 15 minutes until done to your liking.
- Top with the Asian chili sauce and heat for 2-3 more minutes until the glaze is bubbling. Serve the salmon over the cauliflower purée garnished with cilantro with an arugula or kale salad on the side.